I’m willing to repost some of my old posts that were lost during my server move. If there’s something you want to see back up here please let me know and I might consider reposting it.
This is the recipe for a traditional Dutch apple pie. You can serve it hot or cold with whipped cream or with ice cream. Enjoy!
- 10 Jonagold apples
- 2 tbs ground cinnamon
- 250 gr unsalted butter
- 200 gr white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 8 gr vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 400 gr self-raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
- Line the bottom of a spring form pan with baking paper and grease the edges with butter
- Peel the apples, remove the cores and cut them into tin slices. Add the cinnamon and stir well. Set aside.
- Beat butter (room temperature), sugar, vanilla sugar and salt with a mixer to a fluffy batter.
- Add half of the egg and mix to an even batter. Add the baking flour and beat until it forms a sturdy dough.
- Cover the bottom and side of spring form pan with half of the dough. You’ll need a rolling pin for this to flatten the dough.
- Add all of the apple slices into the spring form pan.
- Dust a flat surface with flour and roll out the remains of the dough, about ½ cm thick.
- Whisk the remaining egg and brush over the dough strips.
- Bake the pie for 1 ½ hours in the middle of the oven.