Home & Garden

Moose and the Chair

There’s no denying that I love winter. I was born on the 6th of December on a cold winters morning, so it must run through my veins. I really dislike when people say that it’s impossible that I love winter and can’t stand summer as there’s part tropical blood running through my veins. But if you historically do the math, I’m not a part tropical child as my ancestors where South African slaves brought to Suriname. So I have South African and Dutch blood running through my veins, therefore I must like the cold .. I’m babbling, must be the heath πŸ˜‰

I do start winter prepping in July, I can’t help it. I find nothing better to do than making Christmas garlands on a hot summers day over a tall glass of Pimms. I also start to get the house winter-proof. It’s cold here, we need lots of blankest and cosy nooks where we can curl up. The house was not build for central heating so we need to burn fires and wear lots of layers.

I’ve got myself a rattan chair with a sheepskin rug from Bloomingville for the living room. I’ve got them both on Bol.com and they are super comfortable. Obviously I haven’t sat it in myself as it was claimed by our new furry friend, Pompelmoose, a 11 week old kitten who’s as cute as Moose on a rattan chair.

Look at them, don’t they make a lovely trio?

Posted in collaboration with Bol.com – all views are my own

You Might Also Like

• Katrin
    24/07/2015 at 11:56

That last picture is just the best! Lovely chair and even lovelier kitten!

• Claire Robinson
    24/07/2015 at 14:28

Happily I love winter and summer equally! Early spring however, all that mud and before the greenness arrives, I don’t like that so much. This room looks dreamy and oh so calm. And oh your kit! Making me want another teeny kit to live alongside Miss Ethel

• Margaret
    24/07/2015 at 15:38

Lovely trio. So sweet, your little kitten. Your kitten has adopted your new chair.

I wish you a great weekend, Margaret

• jeska
    24/07/2015 at 16:21

I am in love with your tiny striped friend, and the chair of course!

• Michele H.
    24/07/2015 at 17:36

That’s quite possibly the cutest kitten I’ve ever seen…sigh. I want to go home right now and hugs my cats!

• katek
    24/07/2015 at 21:41

Beautiful kitty! A home for me isn’t a home without a cat. Do you still have your other cat?
    I love that picture/painting about the cupboard in your previous post.

• Yvonne Eijkenduijn
      24/07/2015 at 22:29

I’m taking it for granted that everybody is following me on Instagram. So you must have missed the news; Boo passed away 2 months ago. She was 14 years old and we miss her dearly. But as you said a home is not a home without a cat so Moose moved in with us a few weeks ago. We already love her to bits.

• katek
        27/07/2015 at 21:11

Oh I am so sorry. I don’t have an instagram account or follow anyone’s account. Our oldest kitty is 18, know how attached I am to our old girl. Truly sorry.

• Paris Rendezvous and Beyond
    25/07/2015 at 03:41

Cute as!!!!!!!!! You said it!

My little Xiu Xiu has stolen my favourite rug…..but I don’t care. He knows quality when he sees and feels it!! Mr Hermes would be very pleased I’m sure.

Love your blog by the way!

Ciao

Robyn

• Michelle
    25/07/2015 at 05:33

Cute kitty! I just left a comment on another blog today that for me, summer is prep time for fall and winter!

• Pascale
    25/07/2015 at 14:44

Ach, werkelijk om op te vreten! Wat een ontzettend schattig kittentje hebben jullie en wat matcht ze prachtig met de mooie stoel. Enne …. Ik hou van de herfst en lente!

Pascale X

• Sharon - creativityandfamily
    25/07/2015 at 19:46

Your kitten is adorable! I’m glad I’m not the only one ‘mad’ enough to love winter. I love to cosy down under a blanket in the dark evenings with a hot chocolate! x

• Lonneke
    26/07/2015 at 07:43

Oh wat ontzettend schattig zeg! Ik ben altijd erg benieuwd hoe deze stoelen zitten, ik vind ze in ieder geval wel heel erg mooi.

• kathleen
    30/07/2015 at 14:36

Yvonne,

waar heb je dat kacheltje vandaan? Is prachtig.
    Geeft het veel warmte?

groetjes en bedankt voor al het leesplezier dat ik hier al heb mogen beleven!
    Kathleen

• Yvonne Eijkenduijn
      02/08/2015 at 19:20

Hi Kathleen, dat moet ik even opzoeken. Je hoort nog van mij. Het is trouwens een flinke joekel en verwarmt 350 M3

• huis verhuren
    04/08/2015 at 12:22

what a nice chair to have in your house.

• Rooming
    13/08/2015 at 09:40

nice pics!

• Florence
    15/08/2015 at 02:59

I hate when people tell me I can’t possibly like cold weather more than hot as well. Meanwhile they can go on and on about loving the heat. I love your cozy chair and new little kitten and talk of blankets, cozy nooks and layers of cuddly clothes. When you’re cold you can put more on, when you’re hot you can only get so naked.

• Elaine
    25/08/2015 at 17:57

Yes, i think my cats would think they had died and gone to heaven with a chair/rug combo like that!!