Home & Garden/ Lifestyle

Mayfield Lavender

Yesterday my friend, Selina, took me to Mayfiled Lavender for a walk. Although that lavender isn’t currently on it’s best peek, it was still beautiful. There were hundreds of bumble bees and the smell of the lavender was amazing. I can highly recommend to pay a visit when you are in the area.

We had a lavender scone, cupcake and lemonade made out of lavender in the Mayfield cafe until it started to rain.

I bought a couple of bunches to take home. All the way from Surrey to my home the car smelled of lavender, and hopefully it still does.

I’ve put a bunch in the downstairs loo. I think I haven’t showed you the final version of my loo before. So here you go … new Cath Kidston blue spot wallpaper and new metro tiles on the wall. The floor tiles were bought through Marktplaats a long time ago.

If you need a small quantity of tiles try finding them second hand online. Try old tiles, vintage tiles, Portuguese tiles, concrete tiles …

The whole loo smells lovely now and as you can keep dried lavender for a long time it will continue to smell nice.

Thank you Selina for a lovely weekend xox

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

Esther
    12/08/2013 at 14:46

This will sound like such a weird comment, but I just love your bathroom floor 🙂
    Esther.

Anneke
    12/08/2013 at 17:41

Ik ruik de lavendel hier nog! Mmmmm

Leanda Xavian
    12/08/2013 at 19:05

Oh, that’s so strange. Mayfield is one of mine and Leo’s favourite haunts! We go once every two weeks or so. Their cupcakes are to die for – one of the best cheap days out going 🙂 Your house is looking gorgeous!!

Laura
    13/08/2013 at 18:42

I think the new format is wonderful – a great vehicle for your photos, display and culinary adventures!

Gillian
    13/08/2013 at 20:29

Loving your new blog format. That downstairs loo is very pretty indeed, love those floor tiles.

I went to Mayfield Lavender three or four weeks ago on a scorching hot day while staying with friends in South London. It was beautiful and I have a bunch of dried lavender sitting in a jug on the hall table. x

Bethany Wood
    14/08/2013 at 13:14

Your house is beautiful, you have such good taste! I hope my house is similar style to yours in the future <3 especially in love with your blue enamel jug may I ask where you got it from?

Betty x x
    fairybettyw.blogspot.com

Yvonne Eijkenduijn
      14/08/2013 at 13:16

Thank you Bethany!!!

The enamel jug is from IKEA, of all places 😉

Rebecca
    15/08/2013 at 19:33

Oh wat geweldig weer!! Jouw blog is echt een vitamine voor mijn ogen en hart! Love it so so much!
    Ik verheug me elke keer weer als je iets nieuws plaatst. Dankjewel voor je inspiratie.
    Groetjes Rebecca

selina lake
    16/08/2013 at 08:24

It was a lovely weekend! I had a great time – so pleased you enjoyed Mayfield!!
    Your lavender looks great in your blue jug – hope to see you soon for more adventures XX

jola
    12/02/2014 at 12:32

I love your bathroom. What’s the name of the floor tiles??? I really LOVE them???