I can't believe it's Valentine's day tomorrow and I haven't done a thing for it yet. Not that I'm an active Valentine's day pooper but I do like to mail sweet tokens of love and gratitude to my dearest and nearest.
So I quickly baked lemon, lavender and rose petal biscuits and popped them in these pouches I've made.
Trace the xox onto sticky paper and punch a hole with a puncher or perforator to make a circle in the middle of the O as in step 2. Use textile paint for the xox. You can download the instructions for making the pouch and the template of the xox right here.
Lemon, Rose Petal and Lavender Biscuits
- 200gr golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp dried lavender
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals (option)
- zest of 2 lemons
- 245gr plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 180gr unsalted butter (chopped in small cubes)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Put the sugar, lavender and rose petals in a bowl mix with a spoon. Add the lemon zest and put aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add the flour, baking powder and salt, mix. Add the mixture as in 1, mix . Add the butter and mix until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs,
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Add the mixture to the rest. Stir and knead until you have a firm dough.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and remove plastic wrap. Dust the surface and the rolling pin with flour and roll out dough in a circular shape about 5mm thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and transfer to the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar and dried lavender.
Have a lovely Valentine's Day tomorrow.