Craft & DIY Holidays Home & Garden

Paper Candle Houses

27/11/2012

Now that the living room is turned into ground zero we’ve moved to the dining room. The three of us spend our evenings and weekends in there and we don’t really miss a sofa or a comfy chair as we are quite the table people.

I love a good table where I can sit at and make stuff while I eat, drink and chat to Boris and my friends. There will definitely be a big table in the new living room.

Over the weekend (at the table) I’ve made these houses for you to download.

Download the templates and print them on 220-250 grams A4 sized paper. Cut out the templates and fold and glue where needs folding and gluing (instructions can be found on the template). Place a tea light in them and ta-da. Please be careful with paper and fire, I can not be held responsible for when your paper house burns down or your own house.

christmashouse-house.pdf

christmashouse-roofs.pdf

And although Bo and I are table people, Boo is sometimes a table cat preferable at dinner time. But mostly she likes a comfortable chair that just fits her.

I’d love to see your paper houses so don’t forget to ping or link back. Have fun!

You Might Also Like

34 Comments

• Reply sofie sevens 27/11/2012 at 21:41

ohw yvonnewat zijn ze leuk !
    en wat zijn die geveltjes mooi geworden πŸ˜‰
    groetjes!

• Reply Yvonne Eijkenduijn 27/11/2012 at 21:48

OH man Sofie, ben ik helemaal vergeten het woord van dank aan jou te richten na het dak dilemma! Bij deze nog super bedankt voor het meedenken. Ooooooh en tot vrijdag, ik ben er mentaal en fysiek geheel klaar voor.

• Reply Samira 27/11/2012 at 21:42

Wat een leuke huisjes, thnxx voor de templates!! Ga ze zeker maken voor op onze schoorsteen πŸ™‚ Liefs..

• Reply Arezoo 27/11/2012 at 21:52

Those never ending crochet projects…I start the other one before I finish the one in hand!

• Reply Elizabeth 27/11/2012 at 22:06

Yvonne!! Love these sorts of posts. Those houses!! And Boo Boo!! Whoo hoo for Yvestown. xx

• Reply mary @ B&Gjournals 27/11/2012 at 22:24

what an awesome little chair for Boo, i love it! our pup G is way jealous. he just claims our bed instead. and thanks for the house votive templates πŸ™‚

• Reply Elena 27/11/2012 at 22:43

Thank you for the templates! I am obsessed with everything Dutch (architecture, paintings, and so on). I’ve been trying to find templates like these for a Dutch-inspired Christmas village I’m making for the holidays… Again, thank you! πŸ™‚

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar 27/11/2012 at 23:06

I like table living as well! Each time I see your house I feel so happy, it’s just so playful and fun! πŸ™‚ x

• Reply daisy Jones 28/11/2012 at 00:00

They are simply lovely thank you very much will give them a go

• Reply Anneke 28/11/2012 at 00:07

Ik hou van huisjes, en vooral deze!

• Reply Meredith 28/11/2012 at 00:45

These are lovely Yvonne, thank you for providing the templates! Your house is so gorgeous and inspiring…

• Reply josie-jo 28/11/2012 at 06:02

wondering if i can get my 10 year old daughter to have a crack at these!!thanks for the templates.
    xo

• Reply Vika 28/11/2012 at 06:29

Thanks ! These are wonderful and will be perfect for the “Christmas-in-a-box” that I’m currently planning in order to decorate my grand-parents’ summer house where we will celebrate Christmas this year !

• Reply Naturally Carol 28/11/2012 at 06:32

Our table is well lived at too! It always has to be cleared of current projects for meals. Little battery run tealights are available cheaply if you don’t want to burn down the paper buildings or your house!

• Reply Stephanie 28/11/2012 at 10:18

Wat een prachtig licht huis heb je! Supermooie witte vloer, hoe heb je dat aangepakt?En leuk idee die huisjes, bedankt πŸ™‚

• Reply Lu 28/11/2012 at 14:50

Thank you very much for sharing these. They are lovely. I’ve just bought some Led tea lights and now I know what to use them for.

• Reply jeannette 28/11/2012 at 15:44

thank you for these pretty pressies. hope your holidays at the table are lovely.

• Reply Sanne 28/11/2012 at 16:28

Wat een schatjes! Voor de brandveiligheid zou je je waxinelichtje ook in een glazen houdertje kunnen zetten en die in het huisje. Zelf maakte ik huisjes van zoutdeeg, ook heel leuk om te doen ;-).

• Reply eva maria 28/11/2012 at 19:23

Wat mooi! Dankjewel!

• Reply Huis lief huis 28/11/2012 at 19:30

Wat zijn ze leuk! Past helemaal bij mijn Blognaam πŸ™‚

• Reply Esther 29/11/2012 at 09:54

Ooh, thank you, love those little paper houses – will be making lots of those I’m sure!

• Reply Fiona 29/11/2012 at 14:23

Ooh, just love the paper houses. They are reminding me of some particularly gorgeous china tealight houses that I’ve seen on the internet but can’t currently afford. As my Hubbie and I have a love affair with Belgium and that style of architecture your houses will be a lovely alternative. I’ll definitely be trying to make some.

• Reply Marianne 29/11/2012 at 16:51

Ontzettend leuk! Bedankt voor de dowload! Ik zal eens kijken of ik dikker papier kan krijgen.groetjes, Marianne.

• Reply mrsrobinson 29/11/2012 at 20:44

Such dreamy paper houses… thank you! I’m looking forward to a quiet hour or so to make some. Such a sweet looking kit. We are sadly now kit-less and I miss them so!

• Reply Gillian 01/12/2012 at 09:08

Yvonne, thank you. I have been looking for something like this for weeks and you have provided it, for free. You lovely lady. x

• Reply Holly from Love, Thomas 01/12/2012 at 21:32

Hi Yvonne! Wonderful that the living room reno’s have begun. As usual a stunning post with absolutely gorgeous images. Never short of a bit of inspiration over at Yvestown πŸ™‚ Holly

• Reply Leanne M 02/12/2012 at 05:42

Hi Yvonne, I just wanted to say thank you for posting these templates for us to use and enjoy. I have just finished making them and they are just adorable. If you would like to view them, you can see the end result here:http://yearofcraftingdangerously.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/tealight-houses.html

• Reply Katrin 02/12/2012 at 15:14

Yvonne, I hope you havenΒ΄t already answered this elsewhere, but could you share the wall color you used in he dining room? ItΒ΄s lovely… and so are the candle houses! Will try them next weekend.

• Reply Lucy Schmidt 25/11/2013 at 18:55

I’m just over from the Kathryn Scraps blog where she made these and linked to your blog. These are so cute. We’re coming up on Thanksgiving Day here in the US and I will be taking these with me when we travel to visit family and friends. I think my niece would love to make these with me to help decorate for Christmas. I hung around here for a while and decided to bookmark you and come back, as there’s just too much good stuff to look at in one setting.

• Reply Maja 03/12/2013 at 22:28

I can’t download the roof pdf…it won’t open …please help πŸ™

• Reply Yvonne Eijkenduijn 03/12/2013 at 22:58

It’s working fine at my end Maja!

• Reply denise 02/11/2014 at 21:59

Hi thank you for the templates, I love your cat I have one with the same coloring called Pearl

• Reply vania 18/10/2015 at 14:30

love it.. i ill try if see if this works…