Oh la-la the R is back in the month and although I dislike the colour orange, it's allowed on my blog when the R is back in the month. We say this in The Netherlands when the autumn/winter months are back in town, September through April they all have a R in them.
I love the R months as they are cosy and bring good food.
Last year I've bought a small pumpkin at the supermarket and saved and dried the pits. In March I've planted the pits in old geranium pots in my greenhouse. In April I've planted the wee pumpkin plants in one of the raised beds in my garden and today I've harvested my very own pumpkin - victory!!
I've made soup as I love hearty soups.
I'm not using the recipe cards any longer as they are so limited to what text I can put on them.
Roasted Summer Squash and Cashew Nut Soup
What you need:
- 1/2 a herb stock cube
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small pumpkin
- 2 yellow courgettes
- 150 gram salted cashew nuts
- olive oil
- ground nutmeg
- ground cinnamon
- ground salt
- ground pepper
- 1 rich tbsp of Philadelphia cream cheese with herbs
What you need to do:
- place the pumpkin on a tray in the oven on full heat and keep it there until you can stick a knife in the pumpkin.
- cut the pumpkin in cubes and place them on a baking tray with olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper and salt in the oven at full heat, keep it there for 15 minutes
- on a baking tray roast the cashew nuts with some olive oil in the oven until golden brown
- in a pan boil 150 ml of water with the herb stock cube until it's disloved
- add the garlic and the cut courgette, boil until soft
- add the pumkin and the cashew nuts (save some for garnish)
- with a hand hold blender mix the content of the pan until it is thick and creamy
- add the Philadelphia and 100 ml of water
- stirr well and you are ready to serve the soup with some celery and the rest of the cashew nuts
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday xox